I have admired, feared, loathed, loved, and longed to be the Proverbs 31 woman.

This is a record of my personal path to becoming the woman God has created me to be.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh yeah, and then there are books....

I forgot to mention that I will probably mention books I'm reading. Why would I remember to mention that? I'M ONLY READING 4 RIGHT NOW! I like to have one in the car for when I'm waiting in line somewhere, one in the bathroom for obvious reasons, one in the living room for those rare moments I can swallow the guilt that bubbles up every time I sit down during the day, and one by the bed for night time reading. At this moment, I've got "The Last Girls" by Lee Smith by the bed (btw, I highly recommend anything by her), taking the place of honor next to the 'throne' is "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis, lying on the floor next to the comfy couch, anxiously awaiting my return is one of the numbered Janet Evanovich books (I think it's "To the Nines"), and somewhere under the passenger seat of my car is a Tony Hillerman paperback.

I come from a long line of women whose laundry went unfolded and sauces burned to the pot because they were in the middle of a good book. I know this is a weakness of mine and I'm trying to tone it down a little and get some clothes folded AND put away (that's always the difficult part of laundry for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOW! Someone is actually reading this?!?