I have admired, feared, loathed, loved, and longed to be the Proverbs 31 woman.

This is a record of my personal path to becoming the woman God has created me to be.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sammy boy :)

Well, today my oldest turns 11.  Happy and sad all at the same time. He is getting so big.  I love watching him turn into his own person, but i miss that sweet, fat baby :) check this out:

I mean, don't you just want to eat him up??? He was about 6 months old here.  He would just die if he knew I put that last one up!  Oh, I may miss the days of nursing him to sleep, teaching him signs, his baby giggle.... but I am so thankful to have him now! That boy is such a joy and so helpful.  Don't know what I'd do without him :)
He is still recovering from having been in the hospital for a couple of days with some respiratory problems, but we are still having birthday dinner..... the same thing every year for him:

chicken pie
fruit salad
chocolate cake
with
 peanut butter frosting
cookies & cream ice cream


Well, I suppose I should go start the chicken for the pie.  Maybe I'll get pictures up later... maybe a recipe?

here's the boy all grown up :)



2 comments:

  1. i love that second picture with the little fat roll on his shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the pics :) and the menu! PLEASE post recipe's for it ALL :) especially the chicken pie and the peanut butter frosting :)

    ReplyDelete

WOW! Someone is actually reading this?!?