I have admired, feared, loathed, loved, and longed to be the Proverbs 31 woman.

This is a record of my personal path to becoming the woman God has created me to be.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

well, hello again!

I just realized, after having read a friend's blog, that I haven't been on here since last year! HAHAHA, are you tired of that joke yet?
But seriously, folks.....
It has been a crazy couple of months around here.  Eric broke his ankle the day before Thanksgiving and was just released to go back to work on Jan. 3rd.  Thanksgiving day itself was fantastic :) I was so happy to see my sister and my cousins and, of course, we ate like royalty all weekend. 
After Thanksgiving was over, I kicked it into high gear to try to bring in some income.  I already keep a little boy 4 days a week, so there was that.  I have started doing some medical transcription for my cousin, which helps some. AND.... drumroll please..... I DID A HOLIDAY BAKE SALE! I was actually pretty satisfied with it.  I did my cinnamon rolls, 2 kinds of pie, 4 kinds of cookies, and truffles.  I took orders and had them ready as needed, so it wasn't as crazy in the kitchen as I thought it'd be.  There was one day during which I don't think I left the kitchen, but that was the only crazy day.
I definitely think I'll do it again next year.  Maybe before that.  I'd love to do some baking from home and sell it throughout the year, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't get licensed, what with the zoo that lives under my roof and all.  I'm looking into it, though.
Christmas was wonderful, despite the fact that we were so stinking broke that we didn't buy one gift for anyone.  I was at peace with that, though... The kids were spoiled by everyone else (as usual) and all of our bills, including the house payment, were paid!  That was a good feeling.  I have to say, though, that our house payment was made almost entirely out of LOVE.  I'm not kidding; there were a few people who felt led to bless us with cash last month and it all went to the house payment fund :)  God is so good!  We hadn't said anything to anyone about how broke we were, but most knew Eric couldn't work and that I stay home and homeschool the kids.  But GOD KNEW :)
So, here we are trying to make it through another month.... Eric is doing some side work, but there's no movie in town right now. 
I'm hoping I actually keep up with this blog... I do enjoy going back and reading them.... You never know, it's a new year.  I might actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOW! Someone is actually reading this?!?