I have admired, feared, loathed, loved, and longed to be the Proverbs 31 woman.

This is a record of my personal path to becoming the woman God has created me to be.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ready for a change....

Well, actually, I've been ready for a change since we moved into our house almost 2 years ago.  A change in the wall color, that is.  And complete removal of the schnozberry wallpaper in the dining room (see here)

Now, I'm sure it was LOVELY when the previous owner put this up.  I'm sure.  But, since the day I looked at the house, all I can think when I look at it is "The schnozberries taste like schnozberries!"  I was reading a very talented friend's blog, Juggling & Jellies, and have gotten re-inspired to do SOMETHING up in here.

I have had a color scheme in mind for a couple of years and every now and then I'll come home from Lowe's or somewhere else with a paint department and have my chips.... and they're ALWAYS the same! They may be a different brand and have a different name, but they're always the same colors.  And Eric always said the same thing: "Oh, no! Are you serious? It will look like a Mexican restaraunt!"  Until...... He and I were window shopping one day (and I don't mean shopping FOR windows.  I mean we were broke and just looking around) and, once again, I was looking at paint chips and picking out the same ones when, lo and behold, he opened one of the 'suggestion' pamphlets from Behr paint and THERE WAS MY COLOR SCHEME!  All of the chips I held in my hand were displayed beautifully in one home right there in living color! And it was beautiful!  And Eric agreed that it wasn't so bad after all. :)

So, since that day, I have been drooling over the pamphlet and 'my colors.' But I haven't done anything yet for a lot of reasons -- time, money.... you name it.  But I'm getting an itch and the only way to scratch it is with LOTS of color!!!  I was trying to find an image online of what I found in the booklet.. but I can't so just trust me; it's awesome!

In the mean time, I'm just waiting for the day when I can get rid of the schnozberry wallpaper and coming up with some more projects for ' The List.'  I wanted to make some floor cushions for  the living room so the kids will stop pulling the pillows off of the couches and throwing them on the floor and making the dog think they're fluffy beds for her.  I found this tutorial for floor cushions over at Living with Punks and I love them! I'm not thinking nautical.... but something more 'moroccan.' I love her blog, she has some great tutorials that are easy to follow.  I also want to do a slipcover for our (ratty but functional) ottoman and maybe our couches.  I don't know, that's pretty daunting.  I look at patterns for couch slipcovers and start twitching.  It's all Greek to me.  I have some other ideas that mostly require Eric's carpentry expertise (like a REAL sewing center, complete with cabinets and shelves and everything a girl needs to sew) and a coffee table.  Of course, that's pretty far down on his priority list.  Getting back to work is first.

Ok, I guess my 'blog time' is up.  Everyone is really quiet. Nothing good can be happening back there, I'm sure of it

5 comments:

  1. where's the kid quote at the end?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I must have seen something shiny and gotten distracted :)
    24 hours later, I can't think of a single thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it when you get it th eway you want it! :) What are the colors?? I am jealous you can sew and make the floor cushions and all that jazz! You should post pictures when you make them.

    Blessings,
    Tami
    PRAYING 4 A MIRACLE 4 JEREMIAH
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. tami, wanting to make them and actually doing it are two different things! LOL Don't be jealous of my intentions; most of the time they're just that :) But I promise that if I ever do get it finished, there will be pictures to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie~ here's your funny quote of the day:

    Eli told Eric he was being 'sarcasmic.' my favorite new word!

    ReplyDelete

WOW! Someone is actually reading this?!?